Taking control of your pest control means preventing bed bugs, cockroaches, ants, etc. before they get out of hand. Knowing what to do is half the battle, so here’s a list of twenty-two pest control strategies for every part of your home.
Outdoor pest control
- Keep grass cut short
- Ensure proper drainage
- Trim bushes and trees
- Remove standing water
- Level dirt/soil under outdoor structures
- Seal and/or paint outdoor structures
- Clear out outdoor debris
- Sweep outdoor spaces
Indoor pest control
- Store food in sealed containers
- No trash can under the sink
- Check for leaks around sinks
- Clean spilled food immediately
- Re-caulk cracks around sinks etc.
- Change sheets regularly
- Vacuum all areas often
- Clear out clutter like papers, cardboard
- Don’t leave pet food out
- Check screen and door seals
- Fix any leaks quickly
- Seal entry points in the attic and basement
- Use proper insulation
- Knockout cobwebs
These simple strategies for pest control will help to keep a wide variety of pests at bay in your Jersey City home. It doesn’t take a great deal of effort to prevent pests, but it does take a great deal of effort to get rid of them.
You might also consider calling a professional pest control expert to help you get ahead of the game. They can do an assessment of your home and help you find problem areas, getting out front of potential pest problems early.
If you are in the Jersey City area, we like Jersey City Exterminators, at www.jerseycityexterminators.com.